Local SEO can benefit a lot from the schema markup. That’s why it has become more popular among SEO experts as a valid optimization tool. It presents a markup data foundation that helps the easier processing of information related to location. These can include addresses, phone numbers, and more. These pieces of information then make sure search results be more organized and user-friendly. Well, how using schema markup for local SEO can benefit your website? Let’s find out!
Schema markup basics
Firstly, let’s learn some basic information on schema markup. It’s basically the language of search engines, created by Yahoo, Bing, and Google. The fact these three competitors joined to create something proves it is very important and something you should definitely pay attention to.
This language includes specific vocabulary that helps search engines better understand the content on a website. That code provides information to these search engines about a certain page, that helps them rank more precisely and quickly. To implement this schema, you’ll have to explore the platform that your website is built on. Most commonly, WordPress users can use a specific plugin but the schema can be implemented manually.
So, if you are interested in helping your website rank better and be considered more relevant compared to the competition, learn everything about using schema markup for local SEO.
Understanding the types
To be able to apply to different types of websites, creators made various types of schema markups. There are actually quite a few of them, but let’s see the most common markups:
- local business schema markup is used for businesses that operate locally or their specific local branches. It’s ideal for processing relevant local information such as an address, phone number, opening hours, etc.
- article schema markup – those writing blog posts and articles will find this scheme quite beneficial. It processes the main aspects of a blog post such as featured image, headings and headline, date and time the post was published, etc.
- product schema markup – this type of schema markup is great for websites that sell products and have various offers. It focuses on the pictures as well as the price of the product, currency, name of the product, etc.
- organization schema markup helps to get the essential information about a company, without having to browse the entire website. It’s very useful as it allows users to contact the company much faster by providing them with basic contact information right away.
- individual schema markup – whenever you search for someone’s name on Google, you’ll get its basic information such as full name, birthday, family members, address, etc. All these details are right there in the results, so users don’t need to browse one or more websites to find this information about a celebrity or anyone else on the internet.
This is not the end of the list. Markups have different variations and apply to most of the website types. That’s why you need to analyze your content first. This way, it will be easier to choose the most suitable markup, making the page more successful and efficient.
Using schema markup for local SEO – how to do it?
Implementing schema markups is not that difficult. Even though it involves one of the JSON-LD, Microdata, or RDFa coding languages, you don’t need to learn them to boost your SEO with a markup. Knowing some of them would make the process easier, though.
The most important thing is to follow Google’s guidelines on schema markups. You’ll learn what’s necessary to be eligible for success using markups.
Then, you can begin the process by using Google Data Markup Helper which will help you select the date you want to mark, create the HTML, and also see what your pages will look like after adding a markup. You can also use other tools, according to your needs and website properties.
Reasons for using schema markup for local SEO
There are several reasons why schema markup will be beneficial for your local SEO. Here are some of them:
- not so many people are using it – you can be one of the few people in the niche, letting you beat the competitors easily;
- enhances SERPs display – schema markups enhance the rich snippets which ensure your business will show up in the knowledge graph;
- precise indexing by search engines – you can get a better ranking if a search engine gets a clear picture of what’s on your website;
- your website can get more clicks – in terms of the click-through rate, your website can benefit as much as 30%;
- users will spend more time on the website – once they find exactly what they are looking for by precise search results, users are more likely to spend more time on the website;
- you can beat the competition – one of the ways using schema markup can hurt your website is if you are not using it and your competitors do. That’s why it’s important to take all the necessary steps to implement the schema markups as soon as possible.
It’s not uncommon for website owners to be unconvinced that’s structured data and schema markup brings a lot of benefits to their sites. However, if you plan on running your business successfully in 2022, you should change your mind. Markups are used by search engines, personal assistants, and other services to give more traffic to the websites that are using the schema markup. So, why don’t you join the team? Improving your website and traffic takes effort. Educate on using schema markup for local SEO, get in touch with AZ Citation Services for additional information and start succeeding as soon as possible.