Every successful business needs good marketing. You will get the most from your work only if your customers receive your offer. Many people nowadays use the internet, especially Google to find the necessary information or businesses. And that’s exactly when advertisement plays its part. If it is done well, the online searches can easily become real-life customers. Companies all over the world work on different methods to ameliorate this process. And so does Google. Here is a brief story on how to use Google My Business to get more customers.
Get to know the service
Google My Business is a simple and very useful marketing tool. It is a kind of online business profile which is totally free of charge and is available to any type of business. That means Google My Business listing is something that every business location can get. What this platform does is that it bundles and organizes searching results around a certain location.
So, if you have a Google my Business profile when people search the internet for the service or the product you offer, you will definitely show up among the searching results. It’s interesting that GMB is useful for local businesses above all. When someone is looking for a service you can provide in his area, Google My Business will make the information about your business more accessible to him.
Moving to the top – use Google My Business to find more customers
The main point of advertising your business using the Google My Business platform is to make it get the best ranking when searching the local businesses online.
In order to do that, you need to create and verify your own listing. Once you have it, you will be able to do the optimization and bring in some improvements, in order to get a higher position on Google when compared to the others. What’s more, all of this has one more important marketing benefit. It will give your business a chance to get its mark on Google Maps so that potential customers can find your location more easily.
The importance of being informed
Everyone likes to get accurate information. That is why, if you want to be a serious entrepreneur, you need to be as informative as possible about your work. The best way to do that is to create citations of your local business on some of the well-known and credible places. Google My Business is definitely one of them.
What you should pay attention to
- Insert your business name. This should be the exact match with the name of your company.
- Provide your location, with the precise address, and your service area. Don’t forget to check whether it matches the one on Google Maps.
- Leave a phone number and an e-mail address, so that your customer can contact you right away. Adding an accurate link to your website would help a lot, too.
- Define the exact category of your business. The more detailed it is, the easier it will be for Google to match your service to the customers’ requests. Be careful while marking the business category, since this is what can affect your ranking.
- Mention your working hours. That should not only include your regular opening hours, but also the opening hours during the holidays.
- Write a brief but enticing description of what services or products you have to offer. Give your best to point out your qualities, and make it clear why your customers should choose you above everyone else. It will be nice if you manage to use several keywords along the way. Those are some phrases associated with your business, that people would usually use while researching.
- Add some photos to your profile. It can be a picture of your logo, your working space, or some of your products. Remember that nothing can compete with the visual effect.
If you follow these steps carefully, your business will definitely attract more customers on the Google My Business platform.
Take care to make updates when you use Google My Business to get more customers
And finally, one very important thing- keep your information updated. If you create a business listing and then forget to edit it from time to time, you will make it all worthless. Therefore, once you happen to change your working hours, move your office to another location, or expand your business, you will need to inform your customers about that. What’s more, this is the best way to do some promotion, as well. Spread some words about your new products, introduce a special offer, or announce an upcoming event. Keeping in touch with the clients shows your interest in what you are doing and makes you look more professional.
Running a successful business means that you have customers who trust you. That is why you need to maintain the clients’ confidence when it comes to your work and the quality of your service. Having an online listing can help there a lot. If you make your business more present on the web, you’ll seem more trustworthy.
However, there is one more thing you need to know when using Google My Business to get more customers. People tend to trust other people’s opinions. For that reason, you need to take good care of the online reviews. Some clients like leaving a comment upon the service provided. Your task is to read them regularly. That is the only way to take some control of what your future clients read. Good comments will help of course. Therefore, whenever you see a satisfied customer, do your best to encourage him or her to write several good words. On the other hand, if you come across a remark, you need to answer it, wisely and politely. Whatever you do, just do not leave any questions open and unanswered. Remember that reviews improve Google ranking, and your response to them builds trust.